200 บรรทัดแรก
前情提要
有些事我們要談一談 There are some things we need to discuss.
我們的朋友吉米·麥卡文 Our friend Jimmy McCavern
要求拿到威坎頓以北賽馬場的控制權 has asked for control of the racecourses north of Wincanton.
我同意了 I said yes.
-交換的條件什麼 -沒有交換 - In return for what? - No return.
沒有 None.
幸好我沒一槍崩了你 I'm glad I didn't shoot you.
那樣就太仁慈了 It would have been a kindness.
出去 Now get out.
這是支票擔保書 莫斯利先生簽的 This is a cheque guarantee. Signed by Mosley...
代表一個叫吉米·麥卡文的人 On behalf of a man called Jimmy McCavern.
奧斯瓦爾德·莫斯利
謝爾比有限公司 始於1920年
好意導致了壞結果 The consequence of good intentions.
我的好意 My good intentions.
按下按鈕 Push the button.
把門打開 回家 回到我身邊 Unlock the door and come home to me.
我有份工作給你 I've a job for you.
我會來救你 I'll come for you...
就在周三午夜之後 After midnight on Wednesday.
巴尼·托馬森 Barney Thomason...
會殺死奧斯瓦爾德·莫斯利 is going to kill Oswald Mosley.
等他站上舞台時 While he's on stage.
到時我會站在他旁邊 While I'm stood next to him.
然後我就接手成為新政黨的首領 And then I will take over as leader of the party.
接下來幾周有得忙了 兄弟 It's going to be a busy few weeks, brother.
浴血黑幫 第五季 第6集
你喜歡愛爾蘭威士忌多過蘇格蘭威士忌 You prefer Irish to Scotch?
是的 丘吉爾先生 Yes, Mr Churchill.
喜歡愛爾蘭的多過蘇格蘭的 Irish over Scotch.
喜歡香煙多過哈瓦那雪茄 Cigarettes over Havana cigars.
你母親恐怕是游牧帳篷裡出生的吧 And your mother was probably born in a tent.
外婆是帳篷裡 Grandmother in a tent.
母親出生在一條小船上 My mother on a narrow boat.
而且面對出身比你好的人時 And always happy to give smart answers
總愛在話裡抖機靈 to men born better than you.
比我好這種事需要憑實力證明 A man needs to prove he is better than me
而不是隻憑出身 rather than show me his birth certificate.
我連出生證明都沒有 所以這對我毫無意義 You see, I don't have one, so they mean very little to me.
你在下議院的發言很動人 You speak beautifully in the House...
-謝謝 -但你自己一句也不信 - Thank you... - And believe not a word of what you are saying.
信念引導情感 而情感是雄辯的敵人 Conviction introduces emotion, which is the enemy of oratory.
你還讀希臘文學 You read Greek literature.
我睡不好 I have trouble sleeping.
您來是有何見教 丘吉爾先生 Is there a reason for your visit, Mr Churchill?
你要和一個法西斯分子結盟 You are forming an alliance with a fascist.
所以我去白廳最糟糕的那群人裡打聽了一下 So I made some enquiries amongst the worst people in Whitehall,
我發現 and I found out that
你並沒有真的和他結盟 you are not forming an alliance with him at all.
你是在監視他 You are spying on him.
是的 Yes.
為什麼 Why?
最誠實的答案是... The honest answer is...
我已經不知道了 I'm no longer sure.
你自己打理花園嗎 謝爾比先生 Do you dig your own garden, Mr Shelby?
我有園丁 I have a gardener.
事實上 我有三個 In fact, I have three gardeners.
一家三代 毫無抱負 Three generations of men with no ambition...
卻擁有我從未有過的快樂 who are happier than I will ever be.
你要是問他們 他們會說 Well, if you ask them, they will tell you
世界上有些野草 that there are certain species of weed
不管你怎麼割除 下毒 that no matter how much you tug at them, poison them,
它們都能長回來 they continue to grow back.
最後 唯一的辦法就是徹底翻土 In the end, the only solution is to plough up the top soil,
全拌成稀泥 create a field of mud
然後一把火連根燒乾淨 and blow up and burn the exposed tap roots.
你我在法國做的就是這個 That's what you and I did in France.
但當我聽到莫斯利發言 But when I hear that man Mosley speak,
我看到另一場戰爭又在他腳下開始生根發芽 I see the green shoots of another war growing up around his feet.
而你和我看得一樣清楚 And you see exactly the same thing I do.
所以你才反對他 That's why you oppose him.
沒錯 Yeah.
真相大白了 Your mystery solved.
你有什麼策略 What is your strategy?
我不希望您背負這一重擔 I won't burden you with it.
你要乾違法的事 You're going to break the law.
我要睡覺 I need to sleep.
你不是說你不睡覺 You said you don't sleep.
我是說我睡不好 I said I have trouble sleeping.
我也是 As do I.
我也是 As do I.
謝爾比先生 Mr Shelby,
我毫不懷疑在佛蘭德斯時 I have no doubt that there was once a time in Flanders
你我曾經一明一暗 when you were under the ground and I was above it,
向同一個方向努力 both working to the same end.
現在 我們在威斯敏斯特面對相同的處境 We are in the same exact situation here, in Westminster.
該做什麼就去做 謝爾比先生 Do what you have to do, Mr Shelby.
有什麼需要 給我打電話 And if you need anything, call me.
有時候 有些晚上 There are some times, some nights...
我已經看不到繼續下去的意義 when I don't see the point of carrying on with any of it.
再正常不過 That old dance routine.
我掐滅一支雪茄 一小時後我就想再點一根 I put out a cigar, and an hour later I want another.
有時候 一個小時的距離就是這麼短 Sometimes, the bridge between hours is a fragile as that.
但還是要走過去 But use it anyway.
帳篷 A tent.
接著是條船 Then a boat.
一座房子 Then a house.
如今一棟宅邸 Now a mansion.
很厲害 不是嗎 That's something. Isn't it?
是啊 很厲害 Yeah, that is something.
對了 By the way...
那個北愛情報官是你殺的嗎 was it you who killed that Ulsterman intelligence officer?
我忘了他叫什麼 I forget his name.
坎貝爾軍士長 Major Campbell.
是的 坎貝爾 Yes, Campbell.
不 No.
是我姑姑殺的 It was me aunt.
哪天我真的得去一趟伯明翰 I really must come up to Birmingham some day
和你的家人見一面 and spend an evening with your family.
他們聽起來很有意思 They sound interesting.
是的 Yes.
我們很歡迎 We'd like that.
我聯繫上了哈囉德·法蘭奇 他即將執法利物浦比賽 I got to Harold French, refereeing Liverpool.
他就想要錢 He just wants cash.
破爛湯姆 周三執法菲爾德 想要錢 Tom the tatter, reffing Sheffield Wednesday, wants cash
還想要揍一個睡了他老婆的人 and a beating for a bloke who's screwing his wife.
性病醫生不是叫你少喝點酒嗎 The clap doctor said go easy on the whiskey, yeah?
芬恩 Finn.
你不敲門的嗎 You don't knock?
不 芬恩 No, Finn.
我不敲門 I don't knock.
好的 Right.
你好 比利 Hello, Billy.
你好嗎 夥計 How are you, mate?
很好 謝爾比先生 Good, Mr Shelby.
是 看著是挺好 Yeah, you look good.
西裝不錯 That's a nice suit.
謝謝 謝爾比先生 Thank you, Mr Shelby.
那是他應得的 He earned that suit.
上周六我們通過球賽賺的錢 We made more on the matches
比賽馬賺的還多 than we did on the races last Saturday.
他是個好人 He's a good man.
是 我知道 Yeah, I know that. Mm.
你出人頭地了 我喜歡 You're coming up in the world, I like it.
你老婆怎麼樣了 How's the missus, hmm?
倫敦人會稱她們為黃臉婆 The old trouble and strife, as the cockneys like to call it.
她搬出去了 She moved out.
真遺憾 Oh, that's a shame.
帶上我吧 Mind if I join you, eh?
介意我一起嗎 瞧瞧 你們喝得挺開心啊 Mind if I join the party? Look at this, having some fun. Hmm?
你是個好夥計 比利 You're a good man, Billy.
是個好夥計 對嗎 You're a good man, eh?
你本來是隻被關在籠裡的金絲雀 You could sing like a bird in a cage.
結果我們做了什麼 And what did we do, eh?
我們打開籠子 把真正的男人釋放出來 We opened that cage, and the real man flies out,
他才展現出真面目 reveals himself.
真相還年輕 比利小子 The truth is young, Billy boy...
是的 Yeah.
來 看看 Here, look.
這是什麼 看看 What have we got here? Oh, look.
瞧啊 比利小子 Look at that, Billy boy, eh?
這裡還有白粉 瞧瞧 Then there's some snow there, look.
還有呢 看 小雪花 比利 Oh, there's more. Look, snowflakes, Billy.
我知道你喜歡 對嗎 我也是 Now, I know you like that, hmm? Well, I do too.
所以要不這樣 我們一起來吸一條 So, I'll tell you what, why don't we have a little line together.
怎麼樣 我們一起吸一點 Eh? Why don't we do a little bit of snow together?
撒你身上了 Oh, spilt it all down you an' all.
我眼睛不好 抱歉 哥們 It's the eyes. Sorry, mate.
我能怎麼辦 我就是笨手笨腳 是不是 比利 Hey, what can I do? I'm messy, aren't I, Billy?
真抱歉 I do apologise.
還有你 And you. Hmm?
瞧瞧你 Look at you.
和你哥們坐在這裡 最要好的哥們 Sitting here with your mate, eh? Your best mate.
你們坐在這裡 侃著生意 Well, while you're sitting here, talking about our business,
喝著威士忌 抽煙吸毒... drinking whiskey, smoking and sniffing...
還有工作 And working.
你記著 你告訴這個人 You remember, you tell this man
我們家族生意的事 about our family business...
你就是在玩兒他的命 因為流言不止 芬恩 and it's his life you're risking. Cos people talk, Finn.
我們只聊足球和女人 謝爾比先生 We...we only ever talk about football and women, Mr Shelby.
足球和女人 我們只是... Football and women, we only ever...
我們只是聊聊足球和女人 沒別的 We only ever talk about football and women.
-是嗎 -是的 - Oh, do you? - Yeah.
這只是... This is...
走吧 Come on.
家族會議 我們走 Family meeting, let's go.
你這樣吃不行 你這樣吃不行 You're not eating right. You're not eating right.
你吃進去的不是天然的東西 小子 You're not getting the natural things in you, boy,
總是這樣 that's what it is, always.
你還堅持得住嗎 亞瑟 You bearing up, Arthur?
為了什麼堅持 Bearing up for what?
為了自由堅持 波莉 Bearing up to being free, Pol.
再來一杯嗎 Another glass, eh?
再來一杯這玩意 Another glass of so what.
你沒事吧 查理 Are you all right, Charlie?
我叫醒巴尼的時候 那個瘋子 Mad bastard Barney kicked me in the shin
踹了我的小腿 when I woke him up.
那個瘋子在哪兒 Where is the mad bastard?
他和三個李家小子被綁在外面的路燈上 He's tied to a lamp post outside with three Lee boys,
怕得要死 shitting themselves.
喝一杯吧 Have a drink.
首先 First of all,
莉茲向大家表示歉意 她沒法到場 an apology from Lizzie - she can't be here.
查爾斯要參加小提琴演奏會 Charles has a violin concert.
另外 歡迎艾博拉瑪·戈爾德先生 Also, a welcome to Mr Aberama Gold.
他和波莉三周後會在我的祝福下成婚 He and Polly are to be married in three weeks, with my blessing.
從現在起 歡迎艾博拉瑪參加我們的會議 From now on, Aberama will be welcome at our meetings.
第一項事務 喪親之痛 First item of business, a bereavement.
本·雅戈爾上校 Colonel Ben Younger,
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.