The Rainmaker

The Rainmaker

Download Chinese-bg-code Subtitle

Release info

The Rainmaker 1997 720p BluRay DTS 2Audio x264-HDS
A Commentary by J.K
ass, chs

Tags

BluRay
x264
720p
720
TS
HD
Published on: 2017-01-04
Downloads: 45
Hearing Impaired: No

Chinese-bg-code subtitle preview

The first 200 lines.

我父亲一生都恨律师 My father hated lawyers all his life.

我个人认为 他不算是个好人 He wasn't a great guy, my old man.

他酗酒 并且虐待我的母亲 He drank and beat up my mother.

他也殴打我 He beat me up, too.

要是你认为我要成为一个律师 So you might think I became a lawyer

只是为了气他 just to piss him off,

那你也许就错了 but you'd be wrong.

我之所以想成为一个律师 I've wanted to be a lawyer

是自从我读了有关民权律师 ever since I read about the civil rights lawyers

在五十和六十年代 in the fifties and sixties

为法律发掘出令人惊异的运用 and the amazing uses they found for the law.

他们做了许多人认为 They did what a lot of people thought

本来是不可能的事 was the impossible.

他们给了律师一个好名声 They gave lawyers a good name.

因此我进了法学院 And so I went to law school,

这确实激怒了我的父亲 and it did piss my father off,

不过他其实总是在发火 but he was pissed off anyway.

在我读大学的第一年 有一天他喝醉了 In my first year, he got drunk one day

从梯子上摔下来 and fell of a ladder

这发生在他干活的工厂里 manufactured by the company he worked for,

而他却不知道要先告谁 and he didn't know who to sue first.

大约两个月后他就因此去世了 Now, he died a couple months after that.

我喝干啦 I'm empty.

我的一些同学 Now, some of my classmates,

知道他们将从学校出去后直接 they knew they were going straight from school

进入顶级的律师事务所 into the top law firms,

主要依靠他们的家庭关系网 thanks mostly to their family connections.

而我所仅有的一个关系 Now, the only connections I had

是三年来在一个酒巴跑堂而建立起来的 were made in the places where I tended bar for 3 years

因为我得赚钱付我的学费 so I could pay my tuition.

当我踌躇满志 And while I still had plans

要让正义之光 照亮每一个黑暗角落 to shine the blazing light of justice into every dark corner,

我其实迫切需要的是一份工作 what I really needed right now was a job,

因为孟菲斯的律师 太多了 because there are too many lawyers in Memphis.

这座城市到处是他们的身影 This city's infested with them.

我不这么认为 I don't think so.

我不知道有什么能比这更令人苦恼了 I can't think of anything more embarrassing

就是告诉别人 than telling people

我是为伯鲁瑟斯通工作 I work for a guy like Bruiser Stone.

我是说 他是个律师 大家叫他伯鲁瑟 I mean, he's a lawyer, and they call him Bruiser.

这就是为什么我如此失望 That's how desperate I am.

当然 Sure.

把门关上 Shut the door.

不 不是那个 也不是那个 No, not that. Not that either.

当然 Sure.

当然 Sure.

就在我家吧 Let's make it my house.

好的 OK.

我真的同情这个可怜的FBI探员 I really pity the poor FBI technician

他非要想从交谈中 that's gonna have to extract the data

搞些资料出来 from that conversation.

律师的办公室里养着活生生的鲨鱼 Live sharks in a lawyer's office.

这是个玩笑 明白吗 It's a joke. Get it?

如此说来 普林斯 So, Prince,

这就是你向我提起过的法学院学生吗 is this the law student you were telling me about?

是 先生我刚在 Yes, sir. I just finished

孟菲斯州立大学读完三年级 my third year at Memphis state.

你能让他在这里工作吗 Couldn't you use him around here?

你看 我可以为他担保 Look, I'll vouch for him.

这孩子需要找份工作 The boy needs a job.

他在我们俱乐部的酒巴打工 He's tended bar at our clubs.

鲁迪 这儿会是你工作的好地方 This'll be a great place for you to work, Rudy.

这儿会是 This'll be...

你工作的好地方 A great place for you to work.

你可以看到真正的律师是怎么做的 You can see what real lawyers do.

但这里不提供带薪职位 Now, it ain't exactly a salaried position.

不算吗 It isn't?

我希望我的人 能自己挣出工资来 I expect my associates to pay for themselves...

自己创收 generate their own fees.

向我汇报 Talk to me.

那怎么运作呢 How exactly does that work?

嗯 鲁迪 你每月支取一千美金 Well, Rudy, you draw $1,000 a month,

另外你可以从你赚到的钱里抽取三分之一 and you get to keep 1/3 of all the fees that you generate.

要是你赚的比支取的多 Now, if you can't cover your draw

那到每个月底差额就算你欠我的 at the end of each month, you owe me the balance.

你听明白了吗 Do you understand?

我觉得挺公平 鲁迪 Sounds fair to me, Rudy.

这是个不易接受的交易 的确如此 That's a hell of a deal, really.

但这么做你能挣很多钱 You can make a lot of money this way.

嗯 Um...

让我来告诉你 鲁迪 I'll tell you something, Rudy.

这是我唯一的经营方式 That's the only way I operate.

我会让你接手很多好案子 And I'll get you a lot of good cases.

我手里有案子 I have cases.

哦 Uh...

我现在手上有两个案子 I have 2 cases right now.

一个是办遗嘱 One is a will

我替一个老妇人起草遗嘱 that I'm drafting for an old woman.

她很富有 值好几百万 She's loaded, too. She's worth millions.

而另一个案子 And then I have this other case.

是个保险案子 It's an insurance case.

巨大福利公司 听说过么 Great Benefit. You heard of 'em.

你有委托人的签字吗 You got these clients signed?

我现在正要去找他们 I'm on my way to see 'em right now,

他们也很愿意听我的意见 and they'll listen to me, too.

我在法律工作室帮过他们的忙 I helped 'em over at a law workshop.

很好 我会让你去和我的一个同事 All right, I'm gonna have you talk

迪克谢佛莱尔谈谈 to an associate of mine, Deck Schifflet.

他常与那些大保险公司打交道 He used to work with these big insurance companies.

他负责所有高级别的案件 He handles all the high-powered stuff around here.

嘿 迪克 Hey, Deck!

迪克 Deck!

该死的 Damn it.

你建立了那些案子的档案了吗 You got the paperwork on this stuff?

在我的车上 In my car.

很好 Good.

嘿 帅哥 Hey, good lookin'

这是迪克谢佛莱尔 this is Deck Schifflet.

这家伙会带你上路 This man will get you plugged in.

我想让你做的是 What I want you to do,

立案起诉这个巨大福利保险公司 I want you to draw up a lawsuit against this Great Benefit,

并署上我的名字 and you put my name on it.

我们今天就建立档案 We're gonna file it today.

谢谢你 Thank you.

鲁迪 你会学到很多东西 Rudy, you're gonna learn a lot.

鲁迪 我很高兴你到这儿来 Rudy, I'm glad you came here.

你做了个很好的选择 孩子 You're making good choices already, son.

不错 那么 谢谢你 All right, well, thank you.

好的 谢谢你 OK, thank you.

出去的时候把门带上 好吗 Close the door on your way out now, OK?

律师事务所 要帮忙么 Law offices. May I help you?

这是个办公室 有人在里面 This is an office, there's people in it.

要是有人在办公室里 If there's somebody in the office,

你就别用它 太挤了 you can't have it, it's off limits.

这里是厕所 This is the bathroom.

等一会儿 Just a minute.

对不起 Sorry.

那么 你是他的的同事吗 So, are you an associate here?

算是吧 不是正式的 Sort of. Not really.

确凿说来我还不算个律师 I'm actually not a lawyer yet.

伯鲁瑟一般要求我 Bruiser usually asks me

审查那些牵涉保险的案子 to review the insurance cases when they come in.

我曾经在保险公司工作 I used to work for specific mutual insurance company.

干厌了就进了法学院 I got sick of that. I went to law school.

那么 你什么时候从法学院毕业的 Well, when did you finish law school?

五年前 5 years ago.

瞧 我在律师执照考试上 See, I'm having a little trouble

有那么点儿小麻烦 with the bar exam.

我考了六次 I sat for it 6 times.

听到这些真让我感到遗憾 I'm sorry to hear that.

是啊 你什么时候参加执照考试 Yeah. When do you take yours?

我差不多三周后就要考了 I take it in, like, 3 weeks.

噢 是啊 Oh, yeah.

这真那么难吗 It's that hard?

我要说 相当地难 Pretty rough, I'll say.

我一年前考过 I took it a year ago.

我想 我再也不去考了 I don't think I'm gonna take it again.

随它去吧 这里是伯鲁瑟的法律图书室 Anyway, this is Bruiser's law library.

要是你从冰箱里拿任何东西 If you want to get anything

或者你要用这个冰箱 out of the fridge or use the fridge,

你可以在你的东西上写上你的名字 you can put your name on stuff.

不过他们照样会吃了它 把这个放进去 They'll eat it anyway. Put that in for me.

噢 这只是米饭罢了 这是什么玩意儿 黛茜 Aw, it's only rice. What the hell. Daisy.

哎 Yeah.

我们把这儿搞的很糟 清理一下啊 We made a mess here. Get that up, huh?

当然 迪克 Sure, Deck.

随它去吧 Anyway...

等等 你上法庭的时候怎么办 So wait, what happens when you have to go to court?

老实说 我是很少单独出庭的 I've actually gone a few times myself.

所以至今还没被抓住过 I haven't gotten caught.

这里有这么多律师 There's so many lawyers here,

我们不太可能会引起注意 it's impossible to keep up with us.

伯鲁瑟拥有这一切 Bruiser owns all this.

噢 真不错 Oh. Nice.

你真不能称其为律师事务所 You can't call it a firm exactly.

每个人都只是为了自己 It's every man for himself.

你会学到的 You'll learn.

什么 你是在搬家吗 What, are you moving?

被赶出来了 Evicted.

这是保险单 Here's the policy.

不错 Yeah.

你觉的怎么样 What do you think?

嗯 这真是最烂的保单 Well, this is the scratch-and-sniff armpit of the industry.

他们拒付的理由是什么 What are their grounds for denial?

噢 全部拒付 Oh, well, everything.

先在不符合理赔规定 They first denied it just on principle,

然后他们说白血病 and then they said that leukemia

是在投保之前就有的 was a pre-existing condition,

接着又说 and then they said

白血病根本就不在本保单范围内 leukemia wasn't covered in the policy.

我这里有七封信 I got 7 letters here.

保费都交全了么 Have all the premiums been paid?

根据勃拉克女士的说法 According to Miss Black,

每一项保费她都付过了 she paid every single one of them.

这些个杂种 The bastards.

这是典型的保险诈骗 This is a typical debit insurance scam.

黑人们称这为街头险 The Blacks call it street-surance.

我该怎么办 So what do I do?

你签字接办 所有的都签 You sign 'em up. Sign 'em all up.

然后交给简李曼斯通事务所 To J. Lyman Stone.

好吧 All right.

这就对了 我会帮你 Yeah. I'll help you on this one.

好的 那么 谢谢 十分感谢 All right. Well, thank you. I appreciate it.

没什么比搞定保险公司 There's nothing more thrilling

更令人激动的事了 than nailing an insurance company.

嗨 勃拉克女士 我是鲁迪拜勒 Hi, Ms. Black. It's Rudy Baylor.

还记得吗 我在处理你控告 Remember? I'm handling your case

巨大福利保险公司的案子 against Great Benefit.

我在孟菲斯州立大学法律工作室和你见过面 I met you over at the Memphis state law workshop.

对 快请进来 Well, come in.

Comments

No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.

Keep it about this subtitle — sync, quality, typos.500 characters left