As primeiras 200 linhas.
-不!-哎呀。 -No! -Aww.
我以为你修好了! I thought you fixed it!
-佐伊。-嗯? -Zoe. -Mm?
- 来吧。- 抱歉。给你。 -Come on. -Sorry. Here.
哦,得了吧,美国队长,我们可是在战区。 Oh, come on, Captain America, we're in a war zone.
只是... 活出一点自我。这不像 Just... live a little. It's not like
反正也没人会来。 anyone's gonna come, anyway.
-哦,该死,该死,该死!-嘘! -Oh, shit, shit, shit! -Shh!
- 该死!- 该死! - Shit! - Shit!
啊,该死。 Aw, fuck.
嘿,Ramirez。 Hey, Ramirez.
我看你穿那件上衣很合身。 I see you are filling out that blouse quite nicely.
呃。天哪,你真是个用嘴呼吸的人。 Ew. God, you are such a mouth-breather.
嘿,Charles! Hey, Charles!
看起来一如既往地漂亮。 Lookin' as pretty as ever.
嗯嗯。 Mm-mm.
你想要什么,刘易斯? What do you want, Lewis?
哦,呃,Shepherd 中士正在路上。 Oh, um, Sergeant Shepherd's on his way.
-真的吗?-是的。 -For real? -Yep.
酷,好的。滚开,Lewis。 Cool, okay. Fuck off, Lewis.
天哪!我只是想帮忙。 Geez! I was just trying to help.
滚开! Fuck off!
-我能给你打电话吗?给我打电话?-不行! -Can I call you? Call me? -No!
- 呃!- 好吧。 -Ugh! -All right.
不,不,不,不,等等,等等,等等, No, no, no, no, wait, wait, wait,
让我把这首歌唱完,我——我可以修好它。 let me just finish the song, I just-- I can fix it.
- Zoe. - 我可以修好它, -Zoe. -I can fix it,
我能修好它,我能修好它。就让我这么做吧, I can fix it, I can fix it. Just let me just do this,
我想,如果我这样拿着它... and I think, if I just hold this like this...
我拿到了,我拿到了,我拿到了——准备好了吗? I got it, I got it, I got it-- ready?
你相信文图拉被医疗后送撤离了这里 You believe Ventura got medevacked out of here
就为了那该死的擦伤? for that tiny little fuckin' scratch?
她差点被炸飞。 She almost got blown up.
我只希望一切都好 I just hope that everything is okay
和她一起... with her...
你知道。 You know.
-她的内脏? -不,她的胸部。 -Her internal organs? -No, her tits.
她胸部很漂亮。 She's got great tits.
所以,她可能有创伤后应激障碍,需要治疗 So, she might have PTSD and need therapy,
但至少她的胸部还好。 but at least her tits are all right.
是的。 Yeah.
它们很重要。 They're important.
你能答应我一件事吗? Can you promise me something?
你能保证我们不会变得,比如说, Can you promise me we won't get, like,
搞砸了? fucked up?
那太简单了。 That's too easy.
塔利班碰不了这个。 Taliban can't touch this.
来吧。 Come on.
不,我是说,比如,在脑子里。 No, I mean, like, in the head.
你已经脑子坏掉了, You already fucked up in the head,
那是什么意思? so what does that mean?
梅里特,我是认真的! Merit, I'm serious!
你在说什么? What are you saying?
我是说,如果你哪天抓到我 I'm saying that if you ever catch me
在某种,像是,愚蠢的,创伤后应激障碍(PTSD)中 in some sort of, like, dopey-ass, PTSD
团体治疗的废话, group therapy bullshit,
或任何类型的治疗, or any kind of therapy,
你有他妈的权限杀了我。 you have permission to fucking kill me.
所以,我们都到齐了? So, we're all here?
好。 Good.
谁想开始? Who wants to start?
詹姆斯。 James.
呃... Uh...
詹姆斯。 James.
中士,海军陆战队。 Sergeant, Marine Corps.
2004 年,伊拉克安巴尔省。 2004, Al Anbar Province in Iraq.
呃,我们的任务是去寻找简易爆炸装置(IEDs), Um, our job was to go look for IEDs,
找到那些把它们放出来的人。 find the guys putting 'em out there.
- 好故事,兄弟。- 嘘! -Cool story, bro. -Shh!
优点? Merit?
-一切都好吗?-嗯... -Everything okay? -Mm...
嗯嗯。是的,先生。 Mm-hmm. Yes, sir.
继续,詹姆斯。 Go on, James.
那些,呃,消极的、无益的情绪 The, uh, negative, unhelpful feelings
那天我试图处理的事情 that I'm trying to process from that day
是,呃... 呃... are, um... um...
哦,我的天哪。 Oh, my God.
詹姆斯,好的,好的。 James, okay, okay.
我们不是比这更好吗—— Aren't we better than this--
比这种自怨自艾的废话强? than this woe-is-me shit?
我们不是加入了有史以来最强大的军队吗, Didn't we join the most powerful military of all time,
我们是否挺过了史上最愚蠢的战争, did we survive the dumbest wars of all time,
只是坐在这里,支离破碎,唱着“Kumbaya” just to sit here broken and all "Kumbaya"
而且,哦,“哦,天哪,我的感受”? and, oh, "Oh, gee, my feelings"?
不!该死! No! Fuck!
振作起来!天哪! Get it together! God!
呃! Ugh!
-我们离开这里。-安静点。 -Let's get out of here. -Be quiet.
- 我在听。- Merit? -I'm listening. -Merit?
对不起。 I'm sorry.
我真是——我真是…… I'm so-- I'm so...
对不起,詹姆斯。 I'm sorry, James.
呃,抱歉,詹姆斯。继续吧。 Uh, sorry, James. Go on.
干得好。 Good work.
我不能签那个。 I can't sign that.
我在这里。 I was here.
是的,你人是在这儿。 Yeah, you were here, physically.
但你并没有分享, But you didn't share,
你没有把注意力放在其他人身上。 you didn't give your attention to the others.
我们都有过去。 We all have pasts.
你以为你是唯一一个 You think you're the only one
谁不想谈论这件事,Merit? who doesn't want to talk about it, Merit?
亲爱的,你回来了! Honey, you're home!
现在是早上 8 点。 It's 8:00 a.m.
你知道为什么人们讨厌跑步者吗? Do you know why people hate runners?
平坦的腹部?雕塑般的双腿? Flat stomachs? Sculpted legs?
这是自私的。这是一项自私的运动。 It's selfish. It's a selfish sport.
我到底该怎么做 What the hell am I supposed to do
你不在的时候? while you're gone?
你可以帮我们解决谜题。 You could work on our puzzle.
那个 VA 顾问,真是个混蛋。 Man. That VA counselor guy, what a dick.
嗯! Mm!
我刚刚有了一个绝妙的主意。 I just had a genius idea.
我们再次观看《MáAáSáH》, We watch MáAáSáH again,
但这是一个喝酒游戏。 but it's a drinking game.
该死!这可不是拒绝。 Shit! That is not a no.
呃,她为什么总是用 FaceTime? Ugh. Why does she always FaceTime?
这太诡异了。 It's so creepy.
- 嗨,妈妈。- 在说话 - Hi, Mom. - Is talking
对你母亲来说真的那么可怕吗? to your mother really that dreadful?
不,妈妈,这是... No, Mom, it's...
中国怎么样? How's China?
我在香港,亲爱的。 I'm in Hong Kong, honey.
- 这是有区别的。- 是吗? -There's a difference. -Is there?
我是说,他们当时有一些有限的自主权。 I mean, they had some limited autonomy then.
那么,仓库的工作怎么样? So, how's the warehouse job?
你的生活怎么样,男朋友? How's your life, boyfriend?
有朋友吗? Any friends?
妈妈,求你了。别说了。 Mom, please. Stop.
我确定你打电话是因为你需要什么。 I'm sure you called because you need something.
我是你妈妈,我有权过问你的生活。 I'm your mother, I'm allowed to ask about your life.
好的,你打电话来是为了什么? Okay, so what did you call about?
我需要一些东西。 I need something.
- 我就知道。 - 我就知道! - I knew it. - I knew it!
是你爷爷戴尔。 It's your Grandpa Dale.
他们发现他在游荡。 They found him wandering.
你是什么意思,漫游? What do you mean, wandering?
Kwan 在她家找到了他。 Kwan found him way out at her place.
她带他去了医院。 She took him to the hospital.
-好的,所以他没事,对吧。-不,他不是—— -Okay, so he's okay, then. -No, he's not--
我刚告诉你你爷爷在医院。 I just told you that your grandpa was in the hospital.
你怎么了? What is the matter with you?
好的,妈妈,我... Okay, Mom, I...
对不起。 Sorry.
我得走了。 I gotta go.
不,不,不——不。 No, no, no-- no.
我需要你出去, I need you to go out there,
我需要你去湖边看看你爷爷, I need you to go out to the lake and check in on your grandpa,
确保他没事。 make sure he's all right.
闻起来像蜡笔。 It smells like crayon.
- 梅里特? - 我不能。我,嗯... - Merit? - I can't. I, um...
我刚成立了一个新小组。 I just started a new group.
-哦。-在退伍军人事务部。 -Oh. -At the VA.
像治疗,咨询? Like therapy, counseling?
-嗯。-发生什么事了吗? -Mm-hmm. -Did something happen?
不,我... No, I...
我选择了。 I chose to.
很好,这是,这是... It's good, it's, it's...
我认为这真的会对我有帮助, I think it's really gonna help me,
但我不能错过任何一次治疗,否则... but I-I can't miss any sessions, or...
那真是个好消息,真的。 That's wonderful news, it really is.
我会为爷爷想出办法的。 I will figure something out for Grandpa.
我真的很为你骄傲,Merit,真的。 I'm really proud of you, Merit, I really am.
我知道你爸爸也会的。 I know your dad would be, too.
好的,妈妈,我得走了,我爱你。 Okay, Mom, I gotta go, I love you.
我爱你。 I love you.
你收到回复了吗? Did you hear back yet?
No. No.
我可能连进都进不去。 I'm probably not even gonna get in.
来吧。Merit,看。 Come on. Merit, look.
我认为大学很愚蠢,而且大多无用, I think college is stupid and mostly useless,
但你,你可以做任何你想做的事。 but you, you can do anything you want.
所以如果你想要,你就会得到它。 So if you want it, you're gonna get it.
你是我认识的最聪明的人。 You're the smartest person I know.
九分之十六。 Nine-sixteenths.
让我们看看,你可以主修什么? Let's see, what could you major in?
哦……90 年代的嘻哈,你很擅长这个。 Oh... '90s hip-hop, you're good at that.
木材科学,有这回事吗? Lumber sciences, is that a thing?
是的。 Yeah.
也许吧,是的。 Maybe, yeah.
你知道,因为你的家人拥有 You know, 'cause your family owns
一个圣诞树农场? a Christmas tree farm?
只是在想家族生意的事。 Just thinkin' of the family biz.
你可以像圣诞老人那样处理那玩意儿。 You could run that shit like Santa.
你呢,之后呢? What about you, after this?
我不知道。 I don't know.
你知道,你可以做一些史诗般的事情。 You know, you could do something epic.
嗯。 Mm-hmm.
好的。当然。 Okay. Sure.
好的。我想,今天 All right. I thought, for today,
我们会尝试一些不同的东西。 we would try something different.
跟着弹跳的球。 Follow the bouncing ball.
这很蠢,但我会——我会配合的。 This is stupid, but I'll-I'll play ball.
嗨。我叫 Assia。 Hi. My name is Assia.
我曾是陆军的一名上尉。 I was a captain in the Army.
呃... Um...
我是我服役过的每个单位中唯一的女性。 I was the only female in every unit I served in.
在我第一次部署时, On my first deployment,
我不被允许和我的团队待在一起 I was not allowed to stay with my team
他们睡觉的地方,嗯, where they were sleeping, and, um,
No comments yet. Be the first to leave one.